Monday, January 31, 2011

"Rock Bottom"

For many, hitting “Rock Bottom" has different meanings.  Some may think it is losing everything. To others, it may mean a near death experience. Yet others may never have really thought of this at all. For me, it means a reference point in my own personal history. A launching point. A new direction. A "Surrendering" if you will. 

This is where I have been recently. A place where in my conscious mind, I thought that there was little left to live for. I thought my kids, my wife and all of the people in my life would be better off without me. I've done all that I could do here. I had "done my best" and failed. Failed relationships. Failed health. Failed businesses. Pain. Addiction. Numbness and a lot of Anger. Of course, reality is. So, yes this was my reality.

This was a very sad and dark place. Fortunately, though it was where I needed to go. What I needed to experience. For me, this was not voluntary. It was forced. I had to go here. I had no where else to go. You may be in this situation now. Or you may be in this situation sometime in your life. I want you to know that it is OK to let go of the control, it’s OK to surrender your own will. Trust in your higher power. There is a greater plan for you.  

Fighting through “Rock Bottom” is where we must all go, so that we can start a new journey. A journey of great happiness. A journey of connectedness. A journey of hope. A journey of gratefulness. And a journey of peace. So please join me on my journey. 

See Additional info: Surrender
"Midlife Crisis": Midlife Crisis

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting. I think it's common for people to go through cycles. I know I had few periods in my life when I felt that nothing was working out. From my experience, the lower I felt the bigger was the rise and growth afterwords. I learned a great deal!

    I'm happy to see that you noticed your bottom and that you are growing out of it. It's huge!

    ReplyDelete