Thursday, February 3, 2011

Free Hugs

Many of you have seen this. Many of you have not. What is the deeper message here?  For me, the message seems clear. As a society, we have become so skeptical of each other, that even accepting something as small as a hug, leaves us asking "What's the catch?"


I had the privilege of doing this exercise recently. The lesson was amazing. Many of the people I came in contact with were very skeptical. In fact, I had several people tell me "No, I'm all good. I don't need any hugs."  Others said "What in the world are you doing?  Is this some kind of experiment?"  Yet others freely came up to me, hugged me and just said "Thank you!". NO questions asked.

What would you do if you saw this?  Join me next time and give a "Free Hug".  You may realize that by giving something as simple as a "Free Hug" something spectacular may happen- you may get "Hugged Back"!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have goosebumps and tears all at the same time. What a wonderful video. I think we are going to have to try that in our small town. I love that!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete