Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lose 35 Pounds in 35 Days!

No this isn't some infomercial Ad.   This is the real deal. I'd show you the before and after photos, though I'm still too embarrassed.

I've been (shall we say) pleasantly plump- all of my life. Certainly much bigger and more uncomfortable than most people. I finally said enough. Once I made the decision, I needed a way to drop the poundage. So I came up with a few options:

  1. I could spend 8 hours a day for 35 days straight in a steamy hot sauna. 
  2. I could hire Richard Simmons to give me personal jazzercise classes every day.
  3. Or, I could just stick a needle in my stomach and shoot myself with women's hormones for the next 35 days. 

Hmm.  Easy choice- right.  The first 2 options sounded crazy to me. Only the third option seemed logical. I thought, what the heck, I'm a real man right?

With the goal in mind and the mechanism to achieve the goal in place... I just had to start the process.

So on December 11, 2010, I literally took the plunge. I weighed in at a whopping 240 lbs on Day 1. Injecting myself was unnerving the first few times, though I got used to it. The 500 daily calories of specific veggies, lean protein and fruits were actually very satisfying. I don't recall one time that I was actually hungry.  My energy level went through the roof. I felt more aware and alive than I had felt in years.

Drum roll please....So on Day 35- Jan 16, 2011, I weighed in at a lean 205 lbs. Best of all, I can bend over and tie my shoes.

I definitely give the HCG diet by Dr. Simeon's a very loud thumbs up. Learn more about it here:

Please contact me if you want more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment